Monday, December 22, 2008

Enjoying my vacation

I have two whole weeks off! I love my job! I'm trying to find things that keep me busy but also make the day go by slowly since I want to fully luxuriate in my holiday. That means...minimal television, computer, and errands because those things always seem to suck up my day like a black hole.
This weekend Tyler and I went to my mom's house to help her prepare for this upcoming weekend. She will have 10 people spending the night at her house for Christmas Eve and even more coming over for Christmas Day! We decided to be good kids and update her house with an interior paint job, some tape and texture, and a good cleandown. She was super stressed, but I know she appreciated it.
My brother also graduated from bootcamp and was able to come home this weekend! It was really great to see him and he looked so 'manly'...(not that you didn't before Ray). We get to enjoy him for a few short days and then he is off to Korea. I just hope he takes it for what its worth and really enjoys the culture and takes full advantage of being abroad when he is able.
So...the day begins! Agenda: Walk with the neighbor, go grocery shopping (I'll post about this process soon, and trust me, it is a process), make fudge for my grandma, and make some baby shower invites for my sister.

2 comments:

Trish Olsen said...

glad to see you finally made one :)

Taiyo And Samantha said...

Hey! I was so surprised to get your comment! I added a link to your blog on mine too so I can keep in touch with you too now. :) Good to hear from you!