We ran down to Tucson and while we were there the boys wanted to go test their new dirtbikes...I don't blame them. Dan, Tyler, Scotty, Shauna, and Gary all ran the track down by the fairgrounds. So...in an effort to be more productive and have a little bit of our own fun, Christie and I decide to drive later and meet them. Boy....what an adventure! Had to turn back for food, got some crazy directions, got a little lost, did some doughnuts in the front office parking lot, ate some junk food...long story short...a dang good time! Here is us at the end of the our adventure sitting in the freezing wind watching our boys ride :)

I thought I should provide an updated picture of our yard after all the hard work last weekend! We scooped and shoveled and raked until we just couldn't take it anymore.

So, I know it's hard to tell but you can see all the pea gravel we layed in the back...12 tons...didn't even begin to put a dent in this beast. BUT...we have some rock to keep the dirt down, thank goodness! Tyler and John dug some trenches and then Tyler and I laid and glued all the pipe for the sprinklers. Yay! Sprinklers! I am so glad we are doing it the right way this time...no more half-way business.
Here is a picture of John keeping our dog busy while we were working :)

We will probably finish the drip system this week and be able to lay sod and plant some more plants this weekend. But there is still so much more to do....there will definitely be future updates including brick laying, more rocks, and a firepit!
6 comments:
Wow! Serious backyard business! I'm sure it will all turn out great. Definitely post photos- I can't wait to see your backyard oasis :)
That is major backyard business.
I am so excited for your back yard! It looks so great already. Oh and that picture of John is ADORABLE! haha
your backyard is gonna ROCK! pat yourself on the back for doing it right! it will pay off! oh and your adventure with Christie sounds like crazy fun! it was so good to see you guys at my parents the other weekend! the Curtis family is COOL!!!
miss you guys! including miss rubie! your backyard looks like its gonna be coming together well. i started a blog! like i promised! haven't DONE anything yet, but i will tonight.
way to support the hubby's. you are going to love your back yard when its all saod and done. can't wait to c it finished. it was good to c ya at the reunion
Post a Comment