Saturday, July 4, 2009

Driving While Sleeping

Here is a quick excerpt from our drive tonight. It had been a long day at the lake (10 hours) and we were exhausted. Just as a pre-cursor, Tyler likes it when I sleep because he can blare his crazy rock music and since I'm such a hard sleeper I don't wake up.

Example 1:
Tyler: Would it be wierd if I told you I wished you were asleep right now?
Me: Yes. That would be wierd.
Tyler: Well, it's a good thing I didn't tell you that than, huh?

Example 2:
Tyler poured himself a fresh soda with ice in a cup while we were driving down the road. He looked at me, paused, raised his glass, and knocked it right up against my head. I looked at him stunned, "Did you just 'cheers' my head?"....
"Yep."
A minute or two later I picked up my water bottle, took a drink, and Tyler stuck his head out awkward while driving and gave me this weird look. I took another drink and he cleared his throat. I looked at him, again stunned and said, "OH...am I supposed to 'cheers' your head?".....
"Yep."

Oh heavens....the things that happen when we are tired. I love this kid.

3 comments:

Beth and John Schaub said...

oh my gosh this blog made me crack up out loud! LOVE IT.

Ruth said...

hahaha..that's hilarious! What classifies as crazy rock music? And if it's really that crazy, how can you sleep through it? hmmm...

Kristina said...

I'm a really hard sleeper....ridiculously hard sleeper....thus he can blare his crazy rock music (Pantera, Metallica, whatever that stuff is)