Saturday, July 17, 2010

I Got Nothin...

Sat here for too long trying to think of a post title, so you don't get one today :)

Life has been crazy and I know that isn't much of an excuse, but whatever, it will have to do (just like my lame title, haha)

1. You saw that I went to Chicago from my prior post. I was there for work for 4 days and then stayed for another week to visit my family and Tyler flew up to visit as well. That was his first time east of Arizona! Here's some pictures:


We ditched church and got White Castle....ooops!



Out on the glass at the top of the Sears (Willis) Tower


4th of July Fireworks with the Family


With the oxen that pull wagons around Nauvoo



The 4 acres that Tyler's ancestor owned in Nauvoo



Tyler in the Mississippi River where the pioneers crossed



1. I had a big pitch in California for some work I have been doing around the Yogurt category layout. I worked with some people in suggesting the best Yogurt set for Safeway 5 years from now (A set is literally the 'set' of shelves that yogurt sits on). Does it have more Kid yogurt, what flavors should stay, where should we put organic yogurts....all of that fun stuff.

2. Went to Santa Barbara with my work team. We had some good brainstorming and also some good team bonding. I got to eat at an amazing restaurant called Downey's, got a coconut cupcake from one of the shops on Cupcake Wars, and went on my first vineyard/winery tour.

I'm not a drinker, as I'm sure many of you know, but it was an educational tour so we got to go behind the scenes and see how they harvest and actually make the wine. Did you know there is 23 POUNDS of grapes in one bottle!? Crazy. So long story short, it just smells like vinegar and alcohol, so I still don't get why people like it so much, but it was intersting to learn about.

3. Christie and Dan (Tyler's brother) had their baby! Durham Everett was born Tuesday, July 13th and I haven't seen him in real life yet, but he is SO cute in pictures!!! I can't wait to snuggle him up! So, there's the highlight real!

3 comments:

Jonathan and Sarah said...

Your life is so fun Kristina! That baby is very cute. He was born on mine and Jonathan's anniversary too. Glad to hear things are going well!

Colby and Lyndsey said...

What a fun trip!! Thats awesome that you got to visit Navoo! and crazy pic of you guys on the sears tower. scary!!

Rachel said...

you do have a crazy life..i love it!!! I love the pic of ur new nephew, he is handsom:)