Tuesday, March 22, 2011

He would NEVER eat this

My phone thinks it has a good camera...it lies...
My husband likes his man food....you can't blame the guy.  Pizza, cheesburgers, steak, ribs...it's all delicious

BUT

every now and then I decide it's time to go through the effort to make a seperate meal for myself, something girly, light, with...heaven forbid...vegetables...eeek!

My friend Pam & I have done a few co-op grocery baskets lately through Bountiful Baskets, and so I desperately needed to use some asparagus and tomatoes.  I do NOT enjoy raw tomatoes...I'll eat them....but I don't salivate over the little fruit, so I needed a way to work them in and enjoy them. 

Thus was born.......

Lemon Spaghetti w/ Shrimp, Asparagus, & Tomatoes

It was light and delicious and vegetabaly and girly.  Perfect. 
(Shout out to my girl Giada De Laurentis for the inspiration)

4 comments:

Christie & Dan said...

Mmm sounds yummy minus the shrimp. :)

Colby and Lyndsey said...

that looks yummy! I miss your cooking! You are a wonderful chef!

Callie said...

Looks great! Hope we get to see you while we're in Phoenix!

Jesse and Camry said...

mmmm! Sounds good. Invite me to dinner anytime! Hey, I am inviting myself to your Phoenix baby shower because I will be in town that day to go to your mom's sealing : )