Friday, July 22, 2011
I am overjoyed with our new little girl. I am so grateful that I am able to spend every day with her so we can learn about each other. Trust me...motherhood, at least in this home, is a two way street. When people ask how I'm doing, my response is usually, "we're figuring each other out", because that really is the case. Melanie has her own personality and even at the young age of 5 weeks, it is already very clear. Motherhood is something I have always taken very seriously. The choice to have our little girl was made out of a true desire to learn and grow as a family in an effort to return to our Heavenly Father proving that we worked hard to become the best we could be. I am blessed to have the privilege to raise this little one with Tyler.
On a lighter note, I have become an expert at multi-tasking, using only one hand for everything (you'd be suprised), and perfectly timing meals, showers, and housework during short nap times. I'm still figuring out how to navigate trips out into the world, but we're slowly getting there. We're happy, healthy, and adjusting quite well to our new little family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Well I have finally logged back into the blog world and just saw this post! I am getting ready to stalk your blog like a creeper and catch up on everything that I have missed! Love you, miss you, and glad that everything is going well with Melanie!
She is so.beautiful. Look at that hair! I love it. And where on earth did you get her headband? Also, you should post more pictures....you know, when you have a free moment. Haha.
Oh she is a doll! You are doing a marvolus job! You are going to be the best Mother! Wish we lived closer so we can come visit. When you get your outings figured out you will have to make a trip to phoenix and come visit us!
She is so darling, Kristina! Love the photo! I'm sure you're an amazing mommy and I'm glad you're enjoying motherhood so far.
so sweet! i agree, what a doll! I am glad you are doing well.. i can't wait to see more pics of this darling :)
Congrats she is so beautiful. This is such a blessing.
I totally know where you're coming from - it's a totally new world as a mom. I'm so happy for you guys! And she is incredibly beautiful! And so is that headband....
Christinaaaa: so Farrelli's was super fun. The food was good (their popcorn is homemade, complete with real melted butter on top), although next time I'd skip dessert both because we were too ridiculously stuffed by that time and because it wasn't super tasty. The whole experience though was definitely fun. So yes, I'd recommend it!
:) I heart her. And FYI, navigating trips into the world are still scary to me sometimes haha.
Post a Comment