Friday, August 5, 2011

this is our sanity

Don't judge me for not having her bumper done yet....she's not wiggly enough yet for me to feel bad about it :) 

SO, if you are expecting or are a new mom, I would highly suggest reading The Happiest Baby on the Block.  It's a quick read, entertaining, and incredibly helpful.  See exhibit A....my burrito baby! 

At the beginning she would be inconsolable and the ONLY thing that would fix it are the suggestions in this book, and swaddling is a HUGE part of the success.  It's also the only way she will sleep for solid blocks of time and she has more than made up for our rocky beginning by sleeping 7-8 hours through the night nearly every night.  (Granted, that also means we don't go 1.5 hours without a feeding all day long...I've already become an expert at feeding in a parking lot in the backseat of the truck...haha)

In news not having to do with our little munchkin, I also made THIS last night:

Picture of Fettuccine Alfredo RecipeSubtract the peas and lemon and add kielbasa sausage instead to make it a man friendly meal :)   It was really delicious and as long as you don't sell it as 'the real deal fettucine alfredo' and just call it a 'creamy sauce', no one will even ask questions (wink wink).  I even used whole wheat pasta, so technically we each had a handful of whole wheat pasta, half a head of cauliflower, and 6 pepperoni sized slices of kielbasa....pretty dang healthy if you ask me!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Man, I wish they sold cute lil burritos like that at Taco Bell :)

Jesse and Camry said...

I read that book... alittle too late : ( perhaps with the next baby. I also like the Baby Whisperer! How is the wrap working out for you?