Several months ago I decided that it was probably a good idea to throw my sister a babyshower. One; because I am her sister and Two; because it didn't look like anyone was willing to jump on that train...except me. Rachael is my baby sister and I love her to death. She will be an amazing mom! Since her husband is over seas with the military, she's chillin' at mom's house and so I wanted her to be able to get everything that she needed.
I made about 40 invites and they turned out super-cute (Lime-green, glittery paper, with an overlay and a bow at the top) but they (Rachel and mom) were responsible for getting the word out. You know how you are throwing a party and your worst nightmare is that nobody shows? I am TERRIFIED of that happening! I want every party to be the best party...so basically, I set myself up for dissapointment :)
I drove down to Tucson early Saturday morning, decorated, set up my little table-scape (including my first crack at Chicken Salad) and waited for the crowd to arrive. I was expecting about 15 people..20 at the most.
There must have been over 40 lovely ladies at this babyshower!!!! I was so excited! We had such a good time, Rachel was literally "showered" with gifts, and we had enough food.........check, check, check = good party!
I made about 40 invites and they turned out super-cute (Lime-green, glittery paper, with an overlay and a bow at the top) but they (Rachel and mom) were responsible for getting the word out. You know how you are throwing a party and your worst nightmare is that nobody shows? I am TERRIFIED of that happening! I want every party to be the best party...so basically, I set myself up for dissapointment :)
I drove down to Tucson early Saturday morning, decorated, set up my little table-scape (including my first crack at Chicken Salad) and waited for the crowd to arrive. I was expecting about 15 people..20 at the most.
There must have been over 40 lovely ladies at this babyshower!!!! I was so excited! We had such a good time, Rachel was literally "showered" with gifts, and we had enough food.........check, check, check = good party!
Tasting Baby Food
It got pretty serious....
The Guest of Honor
3 comments:
what an amazing feeling how exciting. I wish i could have been there it would have been fun :0 she looks great :)
That is very nice of you to do that for your baby sister. She will truly appreciate it.
Yeah!!!! I am so excited for your sis. Boy or girl? You are so cute, invites sound lovely :)
Post a Comment