Sunday, January 25, 2009

Feburary Shopping!

It's that time of the month! Hahaha...grocery shopping time! I've compiled a new monthly menu and an accompanying grocery shopping list:


February Meal Calendar


February Grocery Shopping List


This shopping list is tailored to Tyler and I so I left it fairly vague so you can customize it for the size and needs of your family. You may also look at the menu calendar and decide that you don't need that many meals or you may need more meals...that would require some customization too, but this combination should give you a fairly good start.

Please let me know if you have comments, questions, concerns, or think I'm crazy :) I'd love to hear your input.


4 comments:

Christie & Dan said...

I have a question. When you put pizza on your calendar are we talking homemade pizza, frozen pizza, or order-out pizza? Just curious!

Another question, do you guys really stick to what the calendar has on each day or do you tend to move things around??

Kristina said...

I'm so glad you asked a question!!!

1. Frozen pizza I get on sale and stock up on
2. We usually stick to our plan unless my ingredients for other days are about to spoil, we need to make something faster than what is planned on that day, or Tyler doesn't feel like it.

Megan said...

Hey Kristina,
If you don't mind me asking, about how much do you spend on groceries for you two each month? Any cool money saving tips?
I was going to mail you an Amish bread starter this week, but the post office (along with all of our other services) on base was closed due to the nasty weather. I'll mail the starter to you the next go around...
Hope you're doing well!

Kristina said...

It really depends on the month....this month I spent about $120...last month I spent $220...a couple of months ago I spent $60! I try to do stock up visits sometimes so that throws it off. I"m trying to think of a way to talk about money in all this soon :)