Cheesburger Soup
Ingredients:
1/2 lb. ground beef
4 C. diced potatoes
3/4 C. diced celery
3 C. chicken broth
3/4 C. shredded carrots
1, 8oz package of Velveeta cheese, (use what you feel neccesary)
3/4 C. chopped onion
1 tsp. parsley & basil
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
Directions:
Brown ground beef and set aside. Saute celery, carrots, and onions in 1tsp. butter until softened. Add ground beef, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, potatoes and broth. Cook on medium heat until potatoes are soft. Add cheese until melted.
Tip: I often put the potatoes in a micro-wave safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and cook them for about 5 minutes (or until soft) and then add them to the soup. This will cut your cooking time down dramatically.
Recipe courtesy of: My Mother In-Law
2 comments:
Yummy I will have to try this.
I'm so excited to try your recipes!! They look de-li-cious!
Post a Comment