Sunday, January 25, 2009

Please...get me off my keester!


This is what I found when I came home from work on Tuesday

Tyler was at cub scouts when I got home that evening, but I found this note perched on the pole of our stair banister. Tyler and I are going to run at least two times a week (he's convinced we'll go every other day, but I refuse to be so optimistic) SO...we went Tuesday, we went Thursday, and I am so proud of us!
I have not ran more than maybe a jaunt to the mailbox in over 4 years due to old shin fractures that I am terrified will return, but I have decided to try and build up my muscles, bones, and guts, and give it a try once again. Tuesday we ran about 0.5 a mile followed by some serious stretching and a 1.5 mile walk. Tyler would take Ruby and run to the corner and come back to meet me so he got some more mileage in. Thursday I ran about 0.75 of a mile and walked the rest of our 2 mile journey.
I am so thankful that Tyler is patient and doesn't make fun of me...because trust me...I would be easy to make fun of. It is so nice to have that time together and really do something and work for something together.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

That was a cute note. You guys go! You are to darn cute

Colby and Lyndsey said...

You guys crack me up! You should do the London Run coming up! Its Jan 31 i think.. Colby wants to run it but i think Beckham and i might walk. Tyler can run with Colby and you me and Becks can walk :)

Megan said...

That's awesome, Kristina! Go YOU!!! I'm rooting for you.