Hi everyone! I just wanted to make a few clarifications about our monthly menu. A few people have expressed some concern about the health of our family with using the below menu. Crazy heads..look at this bod...it gets its veggies...hahaha...
1. Does your fruit really last that long?
YES! I usually just buy oranges and apples and store them in the fridge, so they last forever. We buy bannanas and grapes on occasion and those disappear at the beginning of the month and we use apples and oranges the rest of the time.
2. What about veggies? I don't see many of those on your menu...how do you make them last?
FROZEN!!! We usually buy fresh baby carrots and squash and use them toward the beginning of the month (carrots last for quite a while too). For the rest of the meals we eat frozen broccoli or corn, canned corn or beans, stir-fry veggies, etc. I don't list veggies under every meal because it is pretty much a given.....
Don't worry folks we get our fiber and vitamins with our menu plan :)
2 comments:
Girl, who cares what other's think. If you are healthy do what you want. You do not have to answer to anyone. But now I am curious I have to go read the menu.
You seriously crack me up!! I'm sure your mom will be so proud that you are eating your veggies..the sad thing is I don't get my veggies or fruit because Joel doesn't eat them so they've started to phase out of my diet as well..so sad.
Post a Comment