Chicken Chili
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
1/2 Onion, chopped
1 Bell Pepper, chopped
1 can each of Kidney beans, Cannelini beans, and Black beans
1 can of Chopped Tomatoes w/ Chilis (Rotel is a common brand)
1 tsp. Cumin
1tsp. Chili Powder
1tsp. Lime or Lemon Juice
2 Cups Chicken Broth
Salt and Pepper
Put a small amount of Olive Oil in a quart sized pot. Heat onions and bell peppers until softened (about 5 minutes). Add shredded chicken and mix on low heat for 2 minutes. Add Chicken Broth, Lime Juice, Spices, Tomatoes, and Beans and simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes or until completely warmed through.
Pretty easy huh!? I think this is on the wrong day according to my calendar, but it was fast and tasty...so I made it because I have all the ingredients. I also substituted celery for the bell pepper...different but still tasty since I didn't have a bell pepper around.
ENJOY!
1 comment:
Kristina...L-O-freakin-L at your profile picture. The one with you and a pie?!?!?! HAHHAHAHAHAH
Post a Comment