Monday, February 16, 2009

Quick Update

As goes our usual routine we went to the sand dunes this weekend. It was Valentine's weekend and though a girl would love to be pampered and treated special, Tyler was an extra ordinary husband prior and after our dune trip...so I cut him some slack. Really, flowers and chocolates aren't my thing. Flowers die and I have to take care of them. Chocolates only makes ME want to die when I see my hips in the mirror...haha jk. SO, Tyler and I decided to just write each other love notes, no more, no less. I love to have the words written down on paper so when Tyler is gone or lets face it...when I am mad at him for no reason...I can refer to my love letters and calm myself down.
We did run into a slight mishap when we got home from the dunes though. We store a toy-hauler at a place nearby. Their gate hours to access the property are 7am to 7pm. Let's just say, we didn't realize those hours refered to entry AND exit. We were about to drive off the lot at 7:20pm and we were stuck! It sounds funny but boy were we frustrated. There is a big automatic gate between us and freedom and the people that are supposed to live there and take care of the place...weren't there! Tyler tried calling and leaving messages but I decided to take matters in my own hands and call the police :)
I'm sure we sounded crazy...being stuck in a storage facility and not trying to steal anything...just wanting to get out. I called twice in the 30 minutes we were stuck there and no one ever showed. THEN we decided to put things in God's hands. Well of course, we all know the ending to this story. A truck pulled up that supposedly had an 'extension' code (we need one of those!!!!) and let us out. I'm sure we would have been there at least another hour if that truck hadn't pulled up. Being locked in a storage facility probably falls pretty far behind theft, violence, and red light runners.
Anyway, we're alive to tell the tale and now we are back to the grind. Tonight I made Chicken Chili for dinner (see the recipe above) while Tyler was at school. Now we're doing homework, watching tv, and posting ;)

4 comments:

Trish Olsen said...

You are tooo funny. When jer and i were managers this never happened to us just got camera stolen while we were sleeping But we has 24 hour access also for peple :) But i know how frustrating it is :) good thing you got out :)

Christie & Dan said...

Sucky.

Colby and Lyndsey said...

aww that stinks!! im glad you finally got out!! :)

Megan said...

Funny story, Kristina, but understandably frustrating too. I'm glad you guys made it out of there!