Colorado Springs
I had never been to Colorado before and I had heard so many great things so I was really excited when I found out we would be having some work meetings up at the beautiful Broadmoor Resort.
Me and the Homies
(on what I'm sure was a pure silk couch)
(on what I'm sure was a pure silk couch)
Not only did I get to stay at this mansion estate of a resort but I really got a good taste for Colorado as well. We each got to pick a 'recreation' for our second day at the resort...now understand this is a 5 star Luxury place and the spa is ranked in the top 5 in the nation or something ridiculous. What did your girl do????!
JEEP TOUR!!! Why wouldn't you want to drive around in the beautiful weather soak up the sights, go for a hike and cross over 7 waterfalls, see the Garden of the Gods, and drive through an old gold mine railway?
That is way better than getting a little foot rub if you ask me :)
Near the Top of Pikes Peak
(standing over a waterfall)
(standing over a waterfall)
Garden of the Gods
This picture does not do the Garden of Gods justice. The landscape was so green and lush and then there would be huge red sandstone formations just jumping out of the ground. This view is actually from a higher view and then we drove down through the canyon. There were little spots like this for at least 10 square miles. It was awesome! I also got to see these guys:
Our jeep driver said he had been driving this path for about 10 years now and this was only the second time he had ever seen these rams come over the side of those cliffs. The man who actually built the Broadmoor in 1910, also built his estate in the Garden of the Gods and the Rams live on his property. It was really awesome!
View of the Broadmoor from Cripple Creek Railroad
To top it off we all got some really nice gifts from our company for the close of the fiscal year. It was a nice little reprieve from the daily grind at the office. I can't wait for next year...where could we go next!?
3 comments:
I am jealous.
It looks so pretty there! I have always wanted to go there.
Post a Comment