So, I've decided to be slightly ambitious and make my own crib bedding since I couldn't find anything I was in love with for less than $300...yikes!
I love the little tike, but I know she's just going to pee and puke all over her pretty little bed sheets, so I'm not willing to cough up that much
I wanted something feminine but not girly, something graphic, but not too bold, something colorful, but not too childish.
Here are my plans:
Triple Pleated Crib Skirt: Paisley with vertical stripe contrast band on the bottom
Crib Sheet: I'm actually cutting up an old sheet we had on our bed that matches the yellow/tan color in the fabric perfectly
Bumper w/ Ivory Satin Bows: Paisley exterior and yellow minky fabric interior with vertical stripe piping on the top and bottom
I think it will turn out all right....but picturing it in my head and seeing it in real life will be interesting.
Wish me luck!
9 comments:
Gorgeous! Good luck!
You can soooo do this!
Good luck! I know it will turn out super cute. make sure you post a pic when its done!!
It will be sensational! And hopefully your sweet pea will like her bedding so much, she will actually sleep in her crib. I am 0 for 2 with my kids... so my crib holds all my clean laundry. Hopefully this will not happen to you, but if it does, you will have one good looking hamper : )
sounds wonderful kristina! I can't wait to see it :) ps... what they had Indian Fry bread at the Mission? DANG!!! we must plan a return trip for sure :) u guys should come along :)
That a girl! You are so ambitious! Can't wait to see how it turns out! I LOVE minky!
So CUTE!!! So good to c u at the reunion. You're such a doll and so cute prego:)
Good luck! Btw, we found some old bumpers at DI/Goodwill that we reused the batting for (way cheaper that way). Also, make sure there are lots of ties on the bumpers - Lindsay uses her bumpers to pull up on and I've been needing to add more ties so she doesn't rip them away from the crib. Your color choices are awesome!
So cute! Bedding so so dang expensive and I remember I couldn't find anything I wanted for cheap either. Thanks to Ross and being able to settle with something that I was OK with I spent $40 :) Now if I only knew how to sew I would have made my own!
Post a Comment