Friday, March 13, 2009

Finally...I know...

Nope....it's not our room! Our lofty goals of having that all wrapped up in one weekend are long gone :) The painting is done, but the chair rail is a pain in our side...that may take a while.

BUT....I did finally put together my meal calendar for March. I was talking with Mindy about it at the park by our house and I realized I've been a bit behind.

March Meal Calendar

March Shopping List

I also thought that since I have been slow to get this up that maybe I should post a recipe too! We had the Brady Family and the Elders over and I made this really quick.

Easy Ground Beef Fake Enchiladas

15 Corn Tortillas
3 C. Cooked Ground Beef
2 C. Rice (I had microwave Mexican rice that made this easy to throw in)
3 C. Shredded Cheese
2 C. Salsa
1 C. Sour Cream
Green Onions for garnish and crunch

Pre-Heat oven to 350. Cover the bottom of a 9x13" baking dish with salsa. Fill a corn tortilla with a spoonful of ground beef, 1/2 spoonful of rice, and some cheese. Roll and place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat process until baking dish is full. Drizzle salsa on top and sprinkle remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes. Spread sour cream over the top and sprinkle with chopped green onions.

Serve with refried beans and salad or veggie of your choice.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I am going to have to try this recipe. I can not wait to see pictures of the painting.