Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm An Aunt!

My sister had her baby last week! I was out of town on business so it was kind of surreal at first. I got a picture on my cell phone but it didn't really hit home because I wasn't a part of it. We went down on Saturday afternoon to check the youngin' out and make sure my sister was in good spirits. Emery is soooo sweet. Like I have mentioned in previous posts, we are surrounded by babies and they are all so adorable. Some of our good friends have such cute little kids, but there was just something about Rachael's little boy that resonated so much deeper with me. I have a connection with him as family that really makes him so special. I held him for probably 4 hours straight and just loved him like crazy! I am so excited to get to know him.

On Saturday morning, before going down to Tucson, Tyler and I had the chance to go to the Mesa temple with Tyler's family. His mom got permission to do her father's work (Tyler's grandpa) so Dan, Christie, Lilly, and his parents all met us there and we spent all morning together in the temple. It was really a wonderful experience.

This week Tyler is on spring break from school so it will be nice to soak up all of his free time...hehe. Hope everyone is doing well!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

What a fun weekend.

Anonymous said...

How is Rachel doing? How exciting!

Jonathan and Sarah said...

Isn't that so interesting how nieces and nephews strike something deeper in you?? I have good friends that I've known for my whole life who have cute little kids, but it's my sister's girls that I am attached to! I can't get enough of them!!! Congratulations that is sooo exciting! P.S. When do we get to see the new room???