Friday, July 6, 2012

please excuse the pride

So hang in with me for a few paragraphs while I roll in my own glory....hahaha

As you can tell from my prior post I was anxiously anticipating the end of my breastfeeding experience.  (which by the way I realized boiled down to my irrational fear of not having a constant source of available nourishment) Anyway....

There are blogs and posts and forums and websites and experts dedicated to helping moms wean their children.  Tonight, I put my sweet baby in bed after her bath NO nursing and she fell asleep as soundly and quietly as ever. 

Here is where the pride comes in...haha...I think I did myself a huge favor by following the eat, play, sleep routine and only nursing her before sleeping when it was time for bed. I usually rocked her with her pacifier to lay her down (and I also realize how lucky I am she took a pacifier).

Who knows if it will work for the rest of my sweet peas, but in the meantime, I am SO excited it went so well, especially because I was SO prepared for it to go so badly. 

the end. sorry. i know this was awkward.  :)

2 comments:

Christie & Dan said...

This gives me hope for when I have to wean Cruz. I thought it was kind of frustrating that Cruz doesn't nurse to go to sleep at night. I usually have to nurse him, then give him his pacifier and snuggle with him to get him to go to sleep. So maybe it's really a blessing! But go you! :)

Pamela said...

Yay Mel and Kristina! Good job weaning, I'm so glad it went well. Now you have a toddler. Look out :)