We had so much fun this weekend! I was about to go on this trip myself because Tyler was driving me crazy with all of his questions, but I was able to withstand and it turned out well. I think I had him convinced for quite some time that we were going snowboarding. I always played stupid but I let him run with the idea as a distraction. He got so excited, bought a new snowboard (which he needed anyway, so I just went a long with it), and kept asking me if he needed his knee to feel better for his birthday adventure. Finally, in order to protect my own sanity and fun for his birthday weekend, I broke down the day before and told him we weren't going snowboarding. I knew that if I woke him up Friday morning and sprung a different plan on him than what he was expecting it wouldn't be a fun weekend for anyone so I thought I would save us all the trouble. :)
I packed his bags and some extra goodies and loaded him up in the car. I let him see where we were going for a while but then as we got to the freeway I told him to put his blindfold on. Then, being the naughty wife I am I said we would be to our destination in about 30 minutes. LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE...haha. I took the blindfold off and with some help from friends had "Viva Las Vegas" playing in the background. He got a huge smile on his face and screamed, "I thought so!". Let's be honest...what would Tyler like to do that isn't snowboarding, the sand dunes, or the lake? My only other option is Vegas.
We walked and walked and walked on The Strip, I swear we all probably lost 2 inches in our hips (which I quickly counter acted with my yummy dish of Haagen-Daz). Tyler had a designated amount of money to "enjoy" (aka: play casino games, aka: gamble with)...and he thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm sure the casino will thoroughly enjoy all of it as well ;) While sitting at a table one night, I had slyly sent some text messages to some of his buddies from Utah who I arranged to meet us there. YAY!!! That was the kicker because he had NO idea that Park and the Boys would be there. It turned out great. I think we are still both recovering from the lack of sleep.
I got to see a few things that I had not seen before. The Wynn...which is absolutely beautiful...and is now my dream hotel in Vegas. The whole thing was an amazing garden with beautiful ceilings and a panoramic window with a 3 story water fall in the middle of pine trees (in the middle of the city!). I love the street performers too. They probably make our trips to Vegas the most fun. These were both in the Palazzo and who doesn't enjoy a good living tree or statue now and then?
The Living Statue
Next vacation...who knows? It's gonna be fun though!
3 comments:
I went to Vegas at the beginning of the year and didn't get to do as much as I wanted but had a lot of fun. There is too much to do and the strip is HUGE. Glad you guys had fun.
Happy Birthday Tyler. We just went to Vegas, it was sucha blast. (for Dave b-day...HMMMMM) anyway, glad you had fun. I totally fell in love with the Wynn. My dream Hotel for sure.
Sounds awesome, Kristina! I'm so glad you both had such a good time. What a freakin' sweet wife you are.
Post a Comment